2010-09-19

Alcoholic Commander In The National Guard? [not for children]

Well, well, well. Another interesting situation where national security is at risk because of a drinking problem and a CYAhole. If I was a high-level leader in charge of keeping Bubba bombers out of harm's way in the outer rings of hazmat womd territorial protection, I'd make sure my subordinates could handle their drinks without getting out of control (and thus, lying through their teeth to keep their jobs - how far will they carry their lies?).

But I'm not.

Instead, I'm barraged by those who want to get the modestly conservative voice heard, as in the following quote pointed out to me today [from 1 Timothy 2]:
"9 I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

Thus, the Christian crowd, ultraconservative or not, is asked if it is of literalist or figurativist belief. If the former, then one cannot support Palin, Pelosi, Oprah, O'Donnell, etc., if one believes this is a true Christian nation and 1 Timothy is literally true. If the latter, the Bible is a general guide subject to personal interpretation and anything goes.

Meanwhile, I've got to go cash a reality check that's about to expire.  Somebody help me out here.  I'm walking through the county fair funhouse mirror maze carrying my corn in a jar.  Where's the exit.  I need an outhouse, quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment