2010-09-26

Whose Sari Now?

Orange camo outfit on the lower deck and orange sari on the upper.

Native American dress in the streets and dancing on the field.

Never give up. Never surrender.

Some days the defenders win, offensive units not fully united as one.

How much Moore can you catch? How many groups can you thank in one invocation? When the name Reveiz is a better tackler than a kicker (has a Reveiz missed five in a row of anything?), then you Poole your resources, rest your aching muscles, remember you're an academic student as well as an athlete and represent yourself well.

After watching the new faces of the marching band, I rest assured that our planet's future rests comfortably in the hands of the next generation, as competent, inexperienced and young as it is.

We old fogeys had our moment to shine. Our days are tarnished, covered with the dents and dings of protecting ourselves from ourselves. Let us step aside and serve as protective guides.

We will not live forever. Our vanity, our attempts at pretending to extend our youth, what do they accomplish? Can we celebrate the wisdom and looks of old age while sharing the spotlight with the younger we're training to take over the world while they grow old, too?

I am not perfect. I am the example of myself to myself who looks down upon those who use plastic surgery and other superficial tricks to make themselves look younger than they are.

I am not wise. I simply have a bunch of experiences and knowledge at my discretion to reference when I don't understand what I seem to perceive.

While moving aside to help discover the forms/shapes we'll need to take to discover new worlds, I pass the last pages of the Book of the Future [of this world] to those who want to discover it for themselves.

I cannot be sensitive to the needs, wants, desires and demands of seven billion people while crafting a new type of "people" who will populate the solar system and galaxy in the trillions (using 3D printers and beams of energy to replicate quickly, for example (sound familiar?)).

The resources of the local environment are all we have. Wisely learn what they are and you'll use them wisely.

My "children" will make planetary conquests* look like collecting a bag of marbles.

Time to close this blog and open a new window on unfamiliar territory.

= = =
* not a carefully thought-out word. Is there any way to make benign contact with the unknown? Guess we're going to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment