2010-09-16

First Grind - Shaping

Ever watched two hummingbirds fight over a feeder?

I have watched the Kashmiri violence ignited, so I'm told, by a man of the Christian faith who said he was going to burn a copy of the Koran.

Are we not men and women of intelligence as well as deep emotional beliefs?

Are we no more than two birds quarreling over a small container of sugared water?

Are we easily swayed to act rather to seek understanding?

I am an old, tired man, weary of the repetitive ancient ways of our species.

You tell me we live in the dawn of the new age, well into what I think you call the Anthrocene period, epoch or era.

Are we living fossils, unable to overcome the mass violence of our ignorant ancestors?

Do I always believe what I'm told? No. I hear words and phrases, then ponder the possible reasons for their existence.

Are my conclusions sound, correct, clearly thought out? Sometimes.

Do I injure or kill others in order to exclaim my beliefs? Only, it appears, through the actions of my seven billion kin who I wish would take the time to think rather than to instantly react.

Birds of a feather flock together. This is our planet. Let us choose wisely, regarding our species as one in which we find positive, light-hearted, humourous solutions to our problems rather than act hastily and destroy our brothers and sisters and their hard-earned property.

Do not assume the worst of our behaviours accounts for all of us.

For my part, I would rather we eliminate the chaotic destruction and violence wrought by the drug cartels and replace it with legitimate, peaceful, logical business practices rather than launch a full-scale, legitimate, military invasion of Mexico in order to protect the interests of the United States and secure a peaceful existence for Mexican families and others from countries further south.

But I don't always get what I want.

If I did, UT players would have acted like men for 60 minutes and finished off Oregon on the playing field rather than take out their frustrations in drinking establishments. Dooley has a lot to learn in how to grasp the emotions of young men and point them in the right direction at a moment's/momentous notice.

Have you figured out the universe in which we think we live is not the universe in which we live? Let's save that thought for another moment. I have a spot of Justice to attend to, scrutinise more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment